1 Sep 2011
LEDAS Achieves Record Revenues from Its Portfolio of Software Development Services
Increasing number of clients outsource their engineering software development to LEDAS
Novosibirsk, Russia: September, 1, 2011 – LEDAS Ltd., a leading provider of products, technology, and services for CAD/CAM/CAE/PDM market, last month significantly increased the scope of services it provides to engineering software vendors worldwide.
The LEDAS team has attained a remarkable level of experience from working twelve years for exacting client Dassault Systemes and other notable CAD and PLM firms. And so today, the skills of the LEDAS team are in high demand as more and more software firms outsource their R&D to LEDAS, increasingly on a long-term basis.
“Because of the unique ratio between the high quality of service provided by LEDAS and our reasonable rates -- as well as the ready source of graduates from our neighboring Novosibirsk State University and the scientific campus of Russian Academy of Sciences -- this part of the LEDAS business has a huge potential for expansion,” explained Dmitry Ushakov, CEO of LEDAS, Ltd. “To ratchet up the marketing of our business, LEDAS is now looking for a sales representative to promote the company effectively in the USA and globally.“
New Customer JETCAM International
One new customer is JETCAM International, who transferred part of their software product development to LEDAS. JETCAM is the global market leader for nesting and material lifecycle management software for the sheet metal and aerospace industries. The two firms recently signed a cooperation agreement under which experts from LEDAS will develop advanced functions for JETCAM and CrossTrack code, and provide general support.
“We are a long-established (since 1986) CAD/CAM development company, and in our effort to shorten the time-to-market of new releases of our products we desired to set up a small team of very capable developers with strong experience in applied mathematics,” said Ivan Stern, CEO and founder of JETCAM International. “The intention is for this to be a long term engagement, with the goal of eventually outsourcing all the development of our JETCAM CAD/CAM mainstay product. We found LEDAS answers these issues perfectly.”
Record Revenues for 2011
In parallel to the JETCAM projects, LEDAS now performs several contracts for other customers in USA, Europe, and Russia. The total volume of the projects today provides LEDAS with its largest annual revenues in the history of the company.
With its increasing service portfolio, LEDAS continues to invest in R&D of its own products, such as its series of Driving Dimensions plug-ins for Google SketchUp, and Rhinoceros 3D by Robert McNeel & Associates. The underlying constraint solving technology (LGS) is available for licensing by all CAD/CAM/CAE vendors, and is now in use by a dozen commercial parametric drawing, assembly design, and direct modeling applications. As well, the entire development of some of these applications has been outsourced to LEDAS.
Contract with Dassault Concluded After 12 Successful Years
Beginning in 1999, LEDAS initially concentrated on providing software development to Dassault Systemes, a world leader in 3D and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions. LEDAS began by embedding its solutions in CATIA Version 5 software, and then followed up with the development and maintenance of a powerful constraint solver, the implementation of end-user solutions, the extension of user shell functions based on the needs of DS customers, and the implementation of research projects to determine the future direction of constraint-based solutions.
In 2005, a second agreement concentrated on the development of core components for CATIA and related products. Under the new agreement, LEDAS implemented significant projects successfully in the field of computational geometry, including advanced geometric constraint solving and real-time polyhedral operations.
A short time ago, the software modules LEDAS designed for Dassault reached the required level of maturity, and so all projects were brought to a conclusion. No additional services were required from LEDAS, and both sides agreed to terminate the agreements to their mutual benefit.
LEDAS Ltd. is a private, employee-owned software development company founded in 1999. It provides constraint-based design tools, component technologies, and software development services for the CAD/CAM/CAE/PDM market.
More information about LEDAS is available at www.ledas.com.
You can learn more about the programming services LEDAS provides in the fields of CAD, CAM, CAE, and PDM software development at www.ledas.com/services/cad-cam-cae-outsourcing.
Driving Dimensions and LGS are trademarks of LEDAS Ltd. Any other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
phone: +7 383 3356 504 / fax: +7 383 3356 256
- LEDAS Rebrands with New Logo, New Web Site, New Focus
- LEDAS Celebrates 20th Anniversary with New Office
- LEDAS Cloud Platform Licensed to U.S. Dental Company Mechanodontics
- OpenBOM™ and LEDAS Announce Partnership to Help Accelerate Product Development
- LEDAS to Offer a Software Platform for Building Cloud CAD Apps
- LEDAS Contributes to Renga Software
- LEDAS Protects Customers with New Software Insurance
- LEDAS Geometry Comparison Licensed for Inventor Plug-in
- AWV and LEDAS Deliver Powerful GPU-based Tessellation Software
- LEDAS Technology Searches and Compares Big Sets of 3D Models
- Geometry Comparison From LEDAS Now Supports All Major MCAD Formats
- LEDAS Releases 3D Comparison Technology to the B2B Market
- Here's To the Quindecennial of LEDAS!
- LEDAS Labs News: Geometry Comparison Technology, Parallel Computations, Cloud Systems and Much More
- LEDAS Attracts Ever More Software Development from Global CAM Market
- LEDAS Labs Starts with Cloud-Based Geometry Comparator
- Top Systems and LEDAS Present Brand New Geometric Kernel RGK at COFES Russia 2013
- OR Laser and LEDAS Sign Long-term Service and Consulting Agreement
- RGK Russian Geometric Kernel Celebrates First Full-Featured Version
- LEDAS Establishes US Business Entity to Better Serve Clients Worldwide
- Cooperation between ASCON, Bricsys and LEDAS Brings Variational Direct Modeling to KOMPAS-3D
- Software Developer LEDAS Sets Second Consecutive Revenue Record
- LEDAS to Distribute ASCON’s C3D Modeling Kernel Internationally
- LEDAS Experts: How our Company is Involved in Developing Russian Geometric Kernel
- Russian National 3D Kernel
- LEDAS Assists STANKIN to Develop a New 3D Modeling Kernel
- LEDAS Implements Variational Direct Modeling in KOMPAS-3D
- LEDAS Appoints Alexey Ershov as New CEO
- From the Prague Spring to a Siberian summer
- New Armor for Rhino
- LEDAS Drastically Improves Performance of its LGS 3D Constraint Solver
- Get back! (Personal Impressions from COFES-2011)
- RhinoWorks from LEDAS Revolutionizes Direct Modeling
- LEDAS Adds Profile Management to LGS 2D Constraint Solver
- LEDAS Changes Leadership to Better Guide Future Development of CAD Technology
- LEDAS Appoints Dmitry Ushakov as New CEO
- Innovations Should be More Practical, Less Political. COFES-Israel Forum Report
- LEDAS Improves Google SketchUp 8 with Driving Dimensions 1.4
- Cimatron to Introduce New Motion Simulator Powered by LEDAS LGS 3D
- LEDAS Releases LGS 3D v4 Constraint Solver for Assembly Design and Direct Modeling
- LEDAS Improves Variational Direct Modeling with RhinoDirect 0.4
- LEDAS Releases LGS 2D v5 Constraint Solver with Extended Functions
- LEDAS Enhances 3D Geometry Editing for RhinoDirect Beta 0.3
- LEDAS made Constraints Demo Application available for all ODA members
- LEDAS Adds Advanced Parametric Drawing Functions to Version 4.0 of its 2D Constraint Solver
- LEDAS Releases Driving Dimensions v.1.3 for Google SketchUp
- LEDAS Adds Movie Recording and Localization to RhinoAssembly
- How To Make a 3D Cartoon in Rhino: A Practical Guide
- LEDAS Ships LGS 3D v3 for Variational Direct Modeling Developers
- Open Design Alliance and LEDAS Implement Parametric Drawing Tools Compatible with the DWG 2010 file format
- LEDAS Announces RhinoDirect 0.1
- University of Michigan Taubman College Licenses Academic Version of LGD 3D Geometric Constraint Solver by LEDAS
- LEDAS Enhances Parametric Drawings with Updated 2D Geometric Constraint Solver
- LEDAS Improves Parametric Design in SketchUp
- How to Express Design Intent in Rhino 3D
- LEDAS Ships Next Generation of 3D Geometric Constraint Solver
- LEDAS Adds Assemblies and Kinematics to Rhino
- LEDAS Geometric Constraint Solver LGS 3D Is Licensed By Joe Gibbs Racing
- LEDAS Improves Assembly Design and Kinematic Simulation in Rhino 3D and Announces History-Free Geometry Editing
- LEDAS Supports Research on Future CAD at Purdue University
- SketchUcation.com published an interview with Dmitry Ushakov about Driving Dimensions Plugin
- LEDAS Ports its Driving Dimensions plugin for Google SketchUp to Mac and Reports 10,000 Downloads of Windows Version
- ODA and LEDAS to Cooperate in the Development of Geometric and Dimensional Constraints in DWGdirect
- LEDAS Announces Beta Release of Driving Dimensions Plugin for Rhino
- COFES – Wish you were here
- The prodigal son of Autodesk
- LEDAS Announces Availability of its Variational Geometric Solver LGS for the Mac
- CD-adapco licenses LEDAS variational geometric solver LGS 2D
- LEDAS Celebrates its 10th Anniversary While Becoming Closer to CAD Users
- LEDAS Takes 3D History-Free Parametric Design to the Next Level by Releasing Driving Dimensions 1.0 Plugin for Google SketchUp
- LEDAS Opens Driving Dimensions Labs
- LEDAS Improves Variational Sketching Usability with Release 2.2 of its LGS 2D Geometric Solver
- LEDAS Helps CAD/CAM/CAE Developers Efficiently Model Large Assemblies with LGS 3D Geometric Solver Version 1.5
- Driving Dimensions for Google SketchUp Public Beta Downloads Top 3,000 in Three Months
- LEDAS expands capabilities of free parameterization in Google SketchUp
- VirtualCAD and LEDAS provide ROCOM with parametric on-line parts catalog
- LEDAS announced successful completion of the first stage of the project for localizing DELMIA solutions for the Russian market, commissioned by Dassault Systèmes
- LEDAS opens up parametric modeling for Google SketchUp users
- LEDAS is bringing the new technology of variational direct modeling to the market
- Variational Direct Modeling: How to Keep Design Intent in History-Free CAD
- LEDAS increases the productivity of LGS 2D variational geometric solver
- Common Pitfalls in Parametric CAD Systems
- LEDAS releases 64-bit version of its variational geometric solver
- Using LEDAS Computational Software Toolkits to Shorten Development Cycle of Variational CAD Systems
- LEDAS published first ever PLM Encyclopedia
- LEDAS announces successful Third isicad Forum «PLM+ERP: Informational Environment of a Modern Enterprise»
- LEDAS releases new version of its variational geometric solver LGS 3D
- LEDAS license Academic version of geometric solvers LGS 2D/3D to Northwestern Politechnical University, China
- LEDAS delivers ENOVIA SmarTeam in Russian for Dassault Systèmes
- LEDAS to release first ever PLM+ERP Encyclopedia on isicad-2008 conference.
- LEDAS on-line solutions simplify parametric CAD trainings.
- LEDAS extends its business by developing parametric parts libraries
- Swiss AWV Company succeeds with LEDAS geometric solvers
- From LGS to LGS-Toolkits: LEDAS proposes new computational components
- LEDAS to apply its CAD/PLM expertise to bioinformatics in partnership with Laboratory of Theoretical Genetics, Siberian Branch of Russian Academy of Sciences
- LEDAS opens new direction of geometric solvers development with release LGS 2D 2.0
- LEDAS releases the fourth commercial version of its variational geometric solver LGS 3D.
Permanent link :: http://isicad.net/press_releases.php?press_num=14618