14 May 2010
LEDAS Releases Driving Dimensions v.1.3 for Google SketchUp
More than 20,000 SketchUp users downloaded LEDAS Driving Dimensions toolset for easy parametric modification of their 3D models
Novosibirsk, Russia, May 14, 2010 - LEDAS Ltd., the independent provider of variational design tools, technology components, and software development services for the CAD/CAM/CAE/PDM market, today announced the availability of version 1.3 of its Driving Dimensions plug-in for Google SketchUp software, a simple in use toolset for parametric modification of history-free 3D models.
Version 1.3 supports new platforms and contains several improvements and fixes. Answering numerous requests by the users of Windows 7 and Mac OS X v.10.6 operating systems, LEDAS development team focused on supporting these new platforms for its SketchUp plug-in. The functionality of multi-document interface (MDI) on Mac platform has been improved. Version 1.3 also includes several fixes of internal errors reported by Driving Dimensions users. To see the full list of changes, please visit the release status page.
“More than 20,000 of SketchUp users worldwide downloaded our Driving Dimensions plug-in,” said Dmitry Ushakov, Director of Product Management, LEDAS Ltd. “When we first released it in October 2008, many users did not understand the value it added to SketchUp, but now reviewers estimated it as “an essential plug-in that can really help you speed up your designing”. We really appreciate this recognition.”
Availability and Price
A free version of the Driving Dimension plug-in for SketchUp can be downloaded from www.DrivingDimensions.com/SketchUp, where visitors will also find detailed on-line help, written and video tutorials, a set of sample drawings, and testimonials made by our users. The free version is not intended for commercial use and does not allow users to add more than 25 driving dimensions to one model.
Commercial licenses of Driving Dimensions v1.3 for Google SketchUp may be purchased for US$45 from the Share-it! online store, accessible from www.DrivingDimensions.com/store/SketchUp. All customers who bought the licenses during last year may upgrade to v1.3 free of charge.
About Driving Dimensions and LGS 3D
Driving Dimensions plug-in v.1.3 is compatible with Google SketchUp v.6 and 7.1, and has been thoroughly tested on the 32-bit versions Windows XP, Vista, and 7, as well as on Mac OS X 10.6.
Driving Dimensions for SketchUp is a plug-in that performs parametric modifications of 3D geometric models in very simple and intuitive way. With Driving Dimensions, users can modify any dimension (length, distance, radius, or angle) in any SketchUp model with just one click. All driving dimensions set in one model are satisfied simultaneously. The simplicity of the user interface of Driving Dimensions plug-in hides a very strong set of mathematical algorithms in the field of geometric constraint solving. Parametric design has never been so easy – even for beginners.
Driving Dimensions v1.3 is based on the latest version of LGS 3D, a geometric constraint solver integrated into a dozen commercial CAD packages. The latest release, version 3.0 of LGS 3D, contains many improvements in stability and performance, which are also available to SketchUp users.
LGS 3D geometric constraint solver, technology that LEDAS has developed since 2001, is available for licensing to all CAD developers. More information about LGS 3D can be found at www.ledas.com/products/lgs3d, while Driving Dimensions portfolio of end-user applications is presented in details at www.DrivingDimensions.com.
LEDAS Ltd. is an independent software development company founded in 1999. It is based in the Novosibirsk Scientific Centre in Akademgorodok, Russia at the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Science. A leader in constraint-based technologies, LEDAS is a well-known provider of computational software components for PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) solutions. Its solutions include geometric constraint solvers for CAD/CAM/CAE, optimization engines for project management, work scheduling and meeting planning software, and interval technologies for knowledge-based engineering and collaborative design. The company also provides services for PLM markets, including software development, consulting, reselling, and education and training.
More information about LEDAS is available at www.ledas.com.
Driving Dimensions and LGS are trademarks of LEDAS Ltd. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
LEDAS Marketing Department
phone: +7 383 3356 504
fax: +7 383 3356 256
- LEDAS Reports on Business Through COVID-19
- Digital Medicine Drives LEDAS 2019 Revenues 20% Higher
- LEDAS develops a lightweight Nesting module based on genetic algorithms and optimization methods
- LEDAS Rebrands with New Logo, New Web Site, New Focus
- LEDAS Celebrates 20th Anniversary with New Office
- LEDAS Cloud Platform Licensed to U.S. Dental Company Mechanodontics
- OpenBOM™ and LEDAS Announce Partnership to Help Accelerate Product Development
- LEDAS to Offer a Software Platform for Building Cloud CAD Apps
- LEDAS Contributes to Renga Software
- LEDAS Protects Customers with New Software Insurance
- LEDAS Geometry Comparison Licensed for Inventor Plug-in
- AWV and LEDAS Deliver Powerful GPU-based Tessellation Software
- LEDAS Technology Searches and Compares Big Sets of 3D Models
- Geometry Comparison From LEDAS Now Supports All Major MCAD Formats
- LEDAS Releases 3D Comparison Technology to the B2B Market
- Here's To the Quindecennial of LEDAS!
- LEDAS Labs News: Geometry Comparison Technology, Parallel Computations, Cloud Systems and Much More
- LEDAS Attracts Ever More Software Development from Global CAM Market
- LEDAS Labs Starts with Cloud-Based Geometry Comparator
- Top Systems and LEDAS Present Brand New Geometric Kernel RGK at COFES Russia 2013
- OR Laser and LEDAS Sign Long-term Service and Consulting Agreement
- RGK Russian Geometric Kernel Celebrates First Full-Featured Version
- LEDAS Establishes US Business Entity to Better Serve Clients Worldwide
- Cooperation between ASCON, Bricsys and LEDAS Brings Variational Direct Modeling to KOMPAS-3D
- Software Developer LEDAS Sets Second Consecutive Revenue Record
- LEDAS to Distribute ASCON’s C3D Modeling Kernel Internationally
- LEDAS Experts: How our Company is Involved in Developing Russian Geometric Kernel
- Russian National 3D Kernel
- LEDAS Assists STANKIN to Develop a New 3D Modeling Kernel
- LEDAS Implements Variational Direct Modeling in KOMPAS-3D
- LEDAS Appoints Alexey Ershov as New CEO
- LEDAS Achieves Record Revenues from Its Portfolio of Software Development Services
- From the Prague Spring to a Siberian summer
- New Armor for Rhino
- LEDAS Drastically Improves Performance of its LGS 3D Constraint Solver
- Get back! (Personal Impressions from COFES-2011)
- RhinoWorks from LEDAS Revolutionizes Direct Modeling
- LEDAS Adds Profile Management to LGS 2D Constraint Solver
- LEDAS Changes Leadership to Better Guide Future Development of CAD Technology
- LEDAS Appoints Dmitry Ushakov as New CEO
- Innovations Should be More Practical, Less Political. COFES-Israel Forum Report
- LEDAS Improves Google SketchUp 8 with Driving Dimensions 1.4
- Cimatron to Introduce New Motion Simulator Powered by LEDAS LGS 3D
- LEDAS Releases LGS 3D v4 Constraint Solver for Assembly Design and Direct Modeling
- LEDAS Improves Variational Direct Modeling with RhinoDirect 0.4
- LEDAS Releases LGS 2D v5 Constraint Solver with Extended Functions
- LEDAS Enhances 3D Geometry Editing for RhinoDirect Beta 0.3
- LEDAS made Constraints Demo Application available for all ODA members
- LEDAS Adds Advanced Parametric Drawing Functions to Version 4.0 of its 2D Constraint Solver
- LEDAS Adds Movie Recording and Localization to RhinoAssembly
- How To Make a 3D Cartoon in Rhino: A Practical Guide
- LEDAS Ships LGS 3D v3 for Variational Direct Modeling Developers
- Open Design Alliance and LEDAS Implement Parametric Drawing Tools Compatible with the DWG 2010 file format
- LEDAS Announces RhinoDirect 0.1
- University of Michigan Taubman College Licenses Academic Version of LGD 3D Geometric Constraint Solver by LEDAS
- LEDAS Enhances Parametric Drawings with Updated 2D Geometric Constraint Solver
- LEDAS Improves Parametric Design in SketchUp
- How to Express Design Intent in Rhino 3D
- LEDAS Ships Next Generation of 3D Geometric Constraint Solver
- LEDAS Adds Assemblies and Kinematics to Rhino
- LEDAS Geometric Constraint Solver LGS 3D Is Licensed By Joe Gibbs Racing
- LEDAS Improves Assembly Design and Kinematic Simulation in Rhino 3D and Announces History-Free Geometry Editing
- LEDAS Supports Research on Future CAD at Purdue University
- SketchUcation.com published an interview with Dmitry Ushakov about Driving Dimensions Plugin
- LEDAS Ports its Driving Dimensions plugin for Google SketchUp to Mac and Reports 10,000 Downloads of Windows Version
- ODA and LEDAS to Cooperate in the Development of Geometric and Dimensional Constraints in DWGdirect
- LEDAS Announces Beta Release of Driving Dimensions Plugin for Rhino
- COFES – Wish you were here
- The prodigal son of Autodesk
- LEDAS Announces Availability of its Variational Geometric Solver LGS for the Mac
- CD-adapco licenses LEDAS variational geometric solver LGS 2D
- LEDAS Celebrates its 10th Anniversary While Becoming Closer to CAD Users
- LEDAS Takes 3D History-Free Parametric Design to the Next Level by Releasing Driving Dimensions 1.0 Plugin for Google SketchUp
- LEDAS Opens Driving Dimensions Labs
- LEDAS Improves Variational Sketching Usability with Release 2.2 of its LGS 2D Geometric Solver
- LEDAS Helps CAD/CAM/CAE Developers Efficiently Model Large Assemblies with LGS 3D Geometric Solver Version 1.5
- Driving Dimensions for Google SketchUp Public Beta Downloads Top 3,000 in Three Months
- LEDAS expands capabilities of free parameterization in Google SketchUp
- VirtualCAD and LEDAS provide ROCOM with parametric on-line parts catalog
- LEDAS announced successful completion of the first stage of the project for localizing DELMIA solutions for the Russian market, commissioned by Dassault Systèmes
- LEDAS opens up parametric modeling for Google SketchUp users
- LEDAS is bringing the new technology of variational direct modeling to the market
- Variational Direct Modeling: How to Keep Design Intent in History-Free CAD
- LEDAS increases the productivity of LGS 2D variational geometric solver
- Common Pitfalls in Parametric CAD Systems
- LEDAS releases 64-bit version of its variational geometric solver
- Using LEDAS Computational Software Toolkits to Shorten Development Cycle of Variational CAD Systems
- LEDAS published first ever PLM Encyclopedia
- LEDAS announces successful Third isicad Forum «PLM+ERP: Informational Environment of a Modern Enterprise»
- LEDAS releases new version of its variational geometric solver LGS 3D
- LEDAS license Academic version of geometric solvers LGS 2D/3D to Northwestern Politechnical University, China
- LEDAS delivers ENOVIA SmarTeam in Russian for Dassault Systèmes
- LEDAS to release first ever PLM+ERP Encyclopedia on isicad-2008 conference.
- LEDAS on-line solutions simplify parametric CAD trainings.
- LEDAS extends its business by developing parametric parts libraries
- Swiss AWV Company succeeds with LEDAS geometric solvers
- From LGS to LGS-Toolkits: LEDAS proposes new computational components
- LEDAS to apply its CAD/PLM expertise to bioinformatics in partnership with Laboratory of Theoretical Genetics, Siberian Branch of Russian Academy of Sciences
- LEDAS opens new direction of geometric solvers development with release LGS 2D 2.0
- LEDAS releases the fourth commercial version of its variational geometric solver LGS 3D.
Permanent link :: http://isicad.net/press_releases.php?press_num=13767