26 Nov 2009
LEDAS Improves Parametric Design in SketchUp
New update of Driving Dimensions plug-in significantly improves quality, stability, and performance; introduces multi-language support
Novosibirsk, Russia, November 25, 2009 – LEDAS Ltd., an independent provider of variational design tools, technology components and software development services for CAD/CAM/CAE/PLM market, today announced the availability of version 1.2 of its Driving Dimensions plug-in for Google SketchUp software. The Driving Dimensions product line from LEDAS is aimed at making advanced MCAD technology available at an affordable price to all users of popular 3D software.
Version 1.2 contains significant improvements in quality, stability, and performance. This was made possible because it is based on the next generation of LGS 3D geometric constraint solving software component recently released by LEDAS. The new version generates solutions that users would expect to see as outcomes. When users now modify the parameters of driving dimensions, most edges and faces remain unchanged; the only ones to change are those needed to satisfy the new parameter values. In addition, the time to solve constraints has been significantly reduced, with the Driving Dimensions plug-in now up to ten times faster than the previous version on large models.
A new feature in Driving Dimensions version 1.2 is multi-language support. Now all tooltips and system messages can be translated to other languages. Version 1.2 comes with English and Japanese built-in. (Translation into Japanese was performed by EBATECH of Japan, a reseller of LEDAS solutions in Japan.)
LEDAS invites uses of the free version of Driving Dimensions to help translate the plug-in to different languages. As compensation, LEDAS will provide all collaborators with Pro licenses of the Driving Dimensions plug-in for SketchUp at no charge.
"The Driving Dimensions plug-in for SketchUp is our most popular software," said Dmitry Ushakov, Director of Product Management, LEDAS Ltd. "The free version of our plug-in has been downloaded by more than 15,000 SketchUp users worldwide since the first public beta was released a year ago. Significant feedback from users of both the free and Pro versions is allowing us to improve the quality of our software, and is giving us fresh ideas on new functions."
About Driving Dimensions Plug-In for SketchUp
LEDAS Driving Dimensions for SketchUp is a plug-in that performs parametric modifications of 3D geometric models in very simple and intuitive way. With Driving Dimensions, users can modify any dimension (length, distance, radius, or angle) in any SketchUp model with just one click. All driving dimensions set in one model are satisfied simultaneously. The simplicity of the user interface of Driving Dimensions plug-in hides a very strong set of mathematical algorithms in the field of geometric constraint solving. Parametric design has never been so easy -- even for beginners.
Version 1.2 of the Driving Dimensions plug-in is compatible with Google SketchUp 6.* and 7.1, both the free and Pro versions running on 32-bit versions Windows 2000/XP/Vista as well as on Intel-based Mac OS X 10.4 and above. Visit DrivingDimensions.com/SketchUp for more information, detailed on-line help, written and video tutorials, and sample parametric 3D models.
The Driving Dimensions plug-in for SketchUp is available in two versions: free and Pro. The free version is not intended for commercial use and does not allow users to add more than 25 driving dimensions to one model. The Pro version eliminates these restrictions at a modest price: single-user licenses are only $45, which includes a year’s worth of updates. It can be easily purchased through our online store at DrivingDimensions.com/store/SketchUp.
About Driving Dimensions Portfolio
Driving Dimensions is a set of end-user applications developed by LEDAS as plug-ins for popular 2D and 3D modeling systems. The aim is to provide advanced parameterization capabilities to users of programs such as Google SketchUp and McNeel & Associates’ Rhinoceros. Driving Dimensions plug-ins are based on the Variational Direct Modeling technology, which uses history-free editing model elements, preserves design intent as expressed by explicit and implicit driving dimensions (linear, angular, or radial), and geometric constraints.
Simultaneous satisfaction of geometric and dimensional constraints is achieved with LGS 2D/3D geometric constraint solvers, which have been developed by LEDAS since 2001. They are available for licensing to all CAD developers.
More information about the entire Driving Dimensions portfolio of applications can be found at www.DrivingDimensions.com.
Established in 1997 by Mr. Yoji Ebata, EBATECH is located in Chita (Aichi Prefecture), Japan. EBATECH provides technology components for the creation of CAD software for Japanese market. Visit www.ebatech.jp for more information.
LEDAS Ltd. is an independent software development company founded in 1999. It is based in the Novosibirsk Scientific Centre at Akademgorodok, the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Science. A leader in constraint-based technologies, LEDAS is a well-known provider of computational software components for PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) solutions: geometric constraint solvers for CAD/CAM/CAE, optimization engines for project management, work scheduling and meeting planning as well as interval technologies for knowledge-based engineering and collaborative design.
The company also provides services for PLM markets: software development, consulting, reselling as well as education and training.
More information about LEDAS is available at www.ledas.com.
Driving Dimensions and LGS are trademarks of LEDAS Ltd. Any other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
LEDAS Marketing Department
phone: +7 383 3356 504 / fax: +7 383 3356 256
- LEDAS distributes its infrastructure globally
- Deciding Which is Better: Plug-ins or Applications
- 3D Web, Additive Manufacturing, Kernels and Solvers Raised LEDAS Earnings in 2020
- LEDAS Signs Contracts with Billion-Dollar US Firms
- LEDAS Reports on Business Through COVID-19
- Digital Medicine Drives LEDAS 2019 Revenues 20% Higher
- LEDAS develops a lightweight Nesting module based on genetic algorithms and optimization methods
- LEDAS Rebrands with New Logo, New Web Site, New Focus
- LEDAS Celebrates 20th Anniversary with New Office
- LEDAS Cloud Platform Licensed to U.S. Dental Company Mechanodontics
- OpenBOM™ and LEDAS Announce Partnership to Help Accelerate Product Development
- LEDAS to Offer a Software Platform for Building Cloud CAD Apps
- LEDAS Contributes to Renga Software
- LEDAS Protects Customers with New Software Insurance
- LEDAS Geometry Comparison Licensed for Inventor Plug-in
- AWV and LEDAS Deliver Powerful GPU-based Tessellation Software
- LEDAS Technology Searches and Compares Big Sets of 3D Models
- Geometry Comparison From LEDAS Now Supports All Major MCAD Formats
- LEDAS Releases 3D Comparison Technology to the B2B Market
- Here's To the Quindecennial of LEDAS!
- LEDAS Labs News: Geometry Comparison Technology, Parallel Computations, Cloud Systems and Much More
- LEDAS Attracts Ever More Software Development from Global CAM Market
- LEDAS Labs Starts with Cloud-Based Geometry Comparator
- Top Systems and LEDAS Present Brand New Geometric Kernel RGK at COFES Russia 2013
- OR Laser and LEDAS Sign Long-term Service and Consulting Agreement
- RGK Russian Geometric Kernel Celebrates First Full-Featured Version
- LEDAS Establishes US Business Entity to Better Serve Clients Worldwide
- Cooperation between ASCON, Bricsys and LEDAS Brings Variational Direct Modeling to KOMPAS-3D
- Software Developer LEDAS Sets Second Consecutive Revenue Record
- LEDAS to Distribute ASCON’s C3D Modeling Kernel Internationally
- LEDAS Experts: How our Company is Involved in Developing Russian Geometric Kernel
- Russian National 3D Kernel
- LEDAS Assists STANKIN to Develop a New 3D Modeling Kernel
- LEDAS Implements Variational Direct Modeling in KOMPAS-3D
- LEDAS Appoints Alexey Ershov as New CEO
- LEDAS Achieves Record Revenues from Its Portfolio of Software Development Services
- From the Prague Spring to a Siberian summer
- New Armor for Rhino
- LEDAS Drastically Improves Performance of its LGS 3D Constraint Solver
- Get back! (Personal Impressions from COFES-2011)
- RhinoWorks from LEDAS Revolutionizes Direct Modeling
- LEDAS Adds Profile Management to LGS 2D Constraint Solver
- LEDAS Changes Leadership to Better Guide Future Development of CAD Technology
- LEDAS Appoints Dmitry Ushakov as New CEO
- Innovations Should be More Practical, Less Political. COFES-Israel Forum Report
- LEDAS Improves Google SketchUp 8 with Driving Dimensions 1.4
- Cimatron to Introduce New Motion Simulator Powered by LEDAS LGS 3D
- LEDAS Releases LGS 3D v4 Constraint Solver for Assembly Design and Direct Modeling
- LEDAS Improves Variational Direct Modeling with RhinoDirect 0.4
- LEDAS Releases LGS 2D v5 Constraint Solver with Extended Functions
- LEDAS Inventor plugin development experience
- LEDAS Enhances 3D Geometry Editing for RhinoDirect Beta 0.3
- LEDAS made Constraints Demo Application available for all ODA members
- LEDAS Adds Advanced Parametric Drawing Functions to Version 4.0 of its 2D Constraint Solver
- LEDAS Releases Driving Dimensions v.1.3 for Google SketchUp
- LEDAS Adds Movie Recording and Localization to RhinoAssembly
- How To Make a 3D Cartoon in Rhino: A Practical Guide
- LEDAS Ships LGS 3D v3 for Variational Direct Modeling Developers
- Open Design Alliance and LEDAS Implement Parametric Drawing Tools Compatible with the DWG 2010 file format
- LEDAS Announces RhinoDirect 0.1
- University of Michigan Taubman College Licenses Academic Version of LGD 3D Geometric Constraint Solver by LEDAS
- LEDAS Enhances Parametric Drawings with Updated 2D Geometric Constraint Solver
- How to Express Design Intent in Rhino 3D
- LEDAS Ships Next Generation of 3D Geometric Constraint Solver
- LEDAS Adds Assemblies and Kinematics to Rhino
- LEDAS Geometric Constraint Solver LGS 3D Is Licensed By Joe Gibbs Racing
- LEDAS Improves Assembly Design and Kinematic Simulation in Rhino 3D and Announces History-Free Geometry Editing
- LEDAS Supports Research on Future CAD at Purdue University
- SketchUcation.com published an interview with Dmitry Ushakov about Driving Dimensions Plugin
- LEDAS Ports its Driving Dimensions plugin for Google SketchUp to Mac and Reports 10,000 Downloads of Windows Version
- ODA and LEDAS to Cooperate in the Development of Geometric and Dimensional Constraints in DWGdirect
- LEDAS Announces Beta Release of Driving Dimensions Plugin for Rhino
- COFES – Wish you were here
- The prodigal son of Autodesk
- LEDAS Announces Availability of its Variational Geometric Solver LGS for the Mac
- CD-adapco licenses LEDAS variational geometric solver LGS 2D
- LEDAS Celebrates its 10th Anniversary While Becoming Closer to CAD Users
- LEDAS Takes 3D History-Free Parametric Design to the Next Level by Releasing Driving Dimensions 1.0 Plugin for Google SketchUp
- LEDAS Opens Driving Dimensions Labs
- LEDAS Improves Variational Sketching Usability with Release 2.2 of its LGS 2D Geometric Solver
- LEDAS Helps CAD/CAM/CAE Developers Efficiently Model Large Assemblies with LGS 3D Geometric Solver Version 1.5
- Driving Dimensions for Google SketchUp Public Beta Downloads Top 3,000 in Three Months
- LEDAS expands capabilities of free parameterization in Google SketchUp
- VirtualCAD and LEDAS provide ROCOM with parametric on-line parts catalog
- LEDAS announced successful completion of the first stage of the project for localizing DELMIA solutions for the Russian market, commissioned by Dassault Systèmes
- LEDAS opens up parametric modeling for Google SketchUp users
- LEDAS is bringing the new technology of variational direct modeling to the market
- Variational Direct Modeling: How to Keep Design Intent in History-Free CAD
- LEDAS increases the productivity of LGS 2D variational geometric solver
- Common Pitfalls in Parametric CAD Systems
- LEDAS releases 64-bit version of its variational geometric solver
- Using LEDAS Computational Software Toolkits to Shorten Development Cycle of Variational CAD Systems
- LEDAS published first ever PLM Encyclopedia
- LEDAS announces successful Third isicad Forum «PLM+ERP: Informational Environment of a Modern Enterprise»
- LEDAS releases new version of its variational geometric solver LGS 3D
- LEDAS license Academic version of geometric solvers LGS 2D/3D to Northwestern Politechnical University, China
- LEDAS delivers ENOVIA SmarTeam in Russian for Dassault Systèmes
- LEDAS to release first ever PLM+ERP Encyclopedia on isicad-2008 conference.
- LEDAS on-line solutions simplify parametric CAD trainings.
- LEDAS extends its business by developing parametric parts libraries
- Swiss AWV Company succeeds with LEDAS geometric solvers
Permanent link :: http://isicad.net/press_releases.php?press_num=13465