15 Sep 2008
LEDAS releases 64-bit version of its variational geometric solver
Following to the customers and potential market demand LEDAS Ltd., an independent software provider of computational components for PLM and ERP, releases 64-bit version of its geometric solver. With new LGS version CAD/CAM/CAE software developers and their customers can greatly exploit all benefits of 64-bit technology:
- Access more physical memory. This is most important moment for modern CAD/CAM and especially CAE applications. Native x64 code, combined with Windows x64 OS and suitable hardware can access up to 2 terabytes (TB) of physical RAM, empowering today?s most demanding geometry modeling applications.
- Relieve Virtual Address Limitations. Unlike 32-bit systems, where memory allocation can become a bottleneck regardless of the system?s physical RAM capacity, x64 applications provide an 8-TB virtual address space for the kernel, and for each process on the system.
- Improved Performance. While 32-bit applications perform similarly on Windows x64 editions, native x64 applications can see significant performance improvements, particularly for computationally intensive applications, which is the case for parametric geometry modeling.
- Data Execution Prevention. Windows x64 can help prevent buffer overflow exploits with Data Execution Prevention. Whether via software or the hardware support of AMD and Intel processors, memory that is used for data can be marked as data, preventing it from being treated as executable code, thus helping to prevent such exploits.
- Virtualization. The most powerful virtualization solutions of tomorrow will make use of processor features such as Intel?s Virtualization Technology and AMD Virtualization, available on recent x64 processors. Making use of this technology will require 64-bit operating systems and native applications running on them.
The first customer, receiving 64-bit version of LGS is Engineering Technology Division of JRI Solutions, Ltd, a Japanese company developing CAE software solutions for electromagnetic field analysis under JMAG brand (www.jmag-international.com). Due to large number of elements to be analyzed (counted virtually by millions) the ability to access more of physical memory is crucial for JMAG applications.
LEDAS Geometric Solvers 2D/3D support creation and modification of the geometric models by means of (explicit or implicit) constraints. Typical geometric objects are points, lines, circles, planes, cylinders, spheres, arbitrary curves, surfaces and swept surfaces. Objects can be fixed in an absolute coordinate system or relative to each other (the latter feature is provided by the so-called rigid sets of objects). Set of geometric constraints includes logical constraints between geometric entities (like coincidence, parallelism, tangency, etc.) and dimensional constraints (that specify the required values for given distances, angles or radii). LGS moves and rotates objects to the positions where all constraints are satisfied by performing minimal transformations of initial configuration. It also renders standard CAD functions — ‘move under constraints? and diagnostics of over- and under-defined parts of a model.
LGS 2D/3D is a cross-platform software. It is set of libraries that runs under all Windows, Linux, *BSD, AIX and other OS. Being written itself in C++, LGS has a C-based API that allows one to integrate it into a broad range of software applications (even written not in C/C++).
LGS 2D/3D are based on the LEDAS? state-of-the-art engine provide affordable solution for those who need a strong variational and constraint-based functionality in CAD, modeling, or engineering software. Through the scalable architecture of
LGS, variational and parametric techniques become available in a wide range of the products including desktop CAD/CAM/CAE, and object modeling tools, assembly design and analysis and others.
LEDAS Ltd. is an independent software company founded in 1999; it is based in Novosibirsk Scientific Centre (Akademgorodok), Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Science. A leader in constraint-based technologies, LEDAS is a well-known provider of PLM components: geometric constraint solvers for CAD/CAM/CAE, optimization engines for Project Management, Work Scheduling and Meeting Planning as well as interval technologies for Knowledge-Based Engineering and Collaborative Design. The company also provides services for PLM and ERP markets: software development, consulting, reselling as well as education and training. Detailed information about LEDAS is available on the Internet at: www.ledas.com.
LEDAS Sales and Marketing Department
Phone: +7 383 3356 504
fax: +7 383 3356 256
LGS is a trademark of LEDAS Ltd.
Other trademarks belong to their respective holders.
Permanent link :: http://isicad.net/press_releases.php?press_num=12663