9 Jun 2008
LEDAS published first ever PLM Encyclopedia
LEDAS, an independent Russian software provider and PLM consultant presented the first edition of «The PLM Encyclopedia» at the isicad-2008 conference, which took place in Novosibirsk, Russia on 4-6June 2008.
The book is published in cooperation with the leading CAD and PLM vendors, the isicad.ru community, the CAD/CAM/CAE Observer, PC Week/Russian Edition, and the ERPnews portal.
This book is the first (at least in the Russian language) encyclopedic publication, presenting focused, core information about PLM that form the basis of the informational environment of a competitive manufacturing enterprise. PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) — is presented as a modern business strategy, involving coherent and consistent use of compatible software and hardware to support all stages of a product lifecycle: from a new product conceptualization to its design, engineering, manufacturing, sales, after-sale services, recovery and disposal.
The Introduction to the Encyclopedia, covering major aspects of PLM, is written by Kenneth Amann, the Research Director of CIMData.
The book has two parts. The first, entitled «From the First Person», consists of articles provided directly by vendors; these materials render detailed characteristics of products and solutions, present companies approaches to work with their customers, give examples of successful manufacturing applications, useful information from the companies, background, etc. It presents all key players in the CAD/PLM industry, including Autodesk, Dassault Systemes, Siemens PLM Software and PTC as well as rapidly developing Russian vendors.
The second, reference part of the book, has three sections, tentatively named «What Is This» (terms and concepts), «Who Makes This» (vendors, service providers and their products) and «Who Writes About This» (media and analysts).
In general, the Encyclopedia’s focused, broad and essential reference information as well as other materials help forming an educated judgment about products and solutions, and compare them. The authors believe that the book is useful to all specialists of modern industrial enterprises, involved in design, manufacturing, sales and support of the products. Experts responsible for IT development on manufacturing enterprises will appreciate the reference materials presented in the book. Enterprise top managers must be fully conversant in a great variety of solutions, products, approaches and technologies of this important, intensively developing field. The Encyclopedia is also recommended for the universities and business schools that provide state-of-the-art specialised training in mechanical engineering, technology, management, etc.
450-page book is of the highest polygraphic quality, has an attractive hardcover and nicely looking dustcover, and contains over a hundred color illustrations.
The project is being vigorously developed; due to the highest level of interest to the book at isicad-2008 and suggestions given by the conference attendees at the isicad closing press-conference, LEDAS announced that the “Encyclopedia” series will be continued covering practical aspects of PLM implementation and education.
Along with the iscad-2008 conference, significant part of first print run of the Encyclopedia forwarded to the companies who contributed to the publication, and industrial enterprises and universities.
For detailed information about the Encyclopedia project progress, please visit www.plmpedia.org.
LEDAS Ltd. is an independent software company founded in 1999; it is based in Novosibirsk Scientific Centre (Akademgorodok), Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Science. A leader in constraint-based technologies, LEDAS is a well-known provider of computational software components for PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) and ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) systems: geometric constraint solvers for CAD/CAM/CAE, optimization engines for Project Management, Work Scheduling and Meeting Planning as well as interval technologies for Knowledge-Based Engineering and Collaborative Design.
The company also provides services for PLM and ERP markets: software development, consulting, reselling as well as education and training. More information about LEDAS is available on the Internet at: www.ledas.com.
LEDAS Sales and Marketing Department
Phone: +7 383 3356 504
fax: +7 383 3356 256
- LEDAS Rebrands with New Logo, New Web Site, New Focus
- LEDAS Celebrates 20th Anniversary with New Office
- LEDAS Cloud Platform Licensed to U.S. Dental Company Mechanodontics
- OpenBOM™ and LEDAS Announce Partnership to Help Accelerate Product Development
- LEDAS to Offer a Software Platform for Building Cloud CAD Apps
- LEDAS Contributes to Renga Software
- LEDAS Protects Customers with New Software Insurance
- LEDAS Geometry Comparison Licensed for Inventor Plug-in
- AWV and LEDAS Deliver Powerful GPU-based Tessellation Software
- LEDAS Technology Searches and Compares Big Sets of 3D Models
- Geometry Comparison From LEDAS Now Supports All Major MCAD Formats
- LEDAS Releases 3D Comparison Technology to the B2B Market
- Here's To the Quindecennial of LEDAS!
- LEDAS Labs News: Geometry Comparison Technology, Parallel Computations, Cloud Systems and Much More
- LEDAS Attracts Ever More Software Development from Global CAM Market
- LEDAS Labs Starts with Cloud-Based Geometry Comparator
- Top Systems and LEDAS Present Brand New Geometric Kernel RGK at COFES Russia 2013
- OR Laser and LEDAS Sign Long-term Service and Consulting Agreement
- RGK Russian Geometric Kernel Celebrates First Full-Featured Version
- LEDAS Establishes US Business Entity to Better Serve Clients Worldwide
- Cooperation between ASCON, Bricsys and LEDAS Brings Variational Direct Modeling to KOMPAS-3D
- Software Developer LEDAS Sets Second Consecutive Revenue Record
- LEDAS to Distribute ASCON’s C3D Modeling Kernel Internationally
- LEDAS Experts: How our Company is Involved in Developing Russian Geometric Kernel
- Russian National 3D Kernel
- LEDAS Assists STANKIN to Develop a New 3D Modeling Kernel
- LEDAS Implements Variational Direct Modeling in KOMPAS-3D
- LEDAS Appoints Alexey Ershov as New CEO
- LEDAS Achieves Record Revenues from Its Portfolio of Software Development Services
- From the Prague Spring to a Siberian summer
- New Armor for Rhino
- LEDAS Drastically Improves Performance of its LGS 3D Constraint Solver
- Get back! (Personal Impressions from COFES-2011)
- RhinoWorks from LEDAS Revolutionizes Direct Modeling
- LEDAS Adds Profile Management to LGS 2D Constraint Solver
- LEDAS Changes Leadership to Better Guide Future Development of CAD Technology
- LEDAS Appoints Dmitry Ushakov as New CEO
- Innovations Should be More Practical, Less Political. COFES-Israel Forum Report
- LEDAS Improves Google SketchUp 8 with Driving Dimensions 1.4
- Cimatron to Introduce New Motion Simulator Powered by LEDAS LGS 3D
- LEDAS Releases LGS 3D v4 Constraint Solver for Assembly Design and Direct Modeling
- LEDAS Improves Variational Direct Modeling with RhinoDirect 0.4
- LEDAS Releases LGS 2D v5 Constraint Solver with Extended Functions
- LEDAS Enhances 3D Geometry Editing for RhinoDirect Beta 0.3
- LEDAS made Constraints Demo Application available for all ODA members
- LEDAS Adds Advanced Parametric Drawing Functions to Version 4.0 of its 2D Constraint Solver
- LEDAS Releases Driving Dimensions v.1.3 for Google SketchUp
- LEDAS Adds Movie Recording and Localization to RhinoAssembly
- How To Make a 3D Cartoon in Rhino: A Practical Guide
- LEDAS Ships LGS 3D v3 for Variational Direct Modeling Developers
- Open Design Alliance and LEDAS Implement Parametric Drawing Tools Compatible with the DWG 2010 file format
- LEDAS Announces RhinoDirect 0.1
- University of Michigan Taubman College Licenses Academic Version of LGD 3D Geometric Constraint Solver by LEDAS
- LEDAS Enhances Parametric Drawings with Updated 2D Geometric Constraint Solver
- LEDAS Improves Parametric Design in SketchUp
- How to Express Design Intent in Rhino 3D
- LEDAS Ships Next Generation of 3D Geometric Constraint Solver
- LEDAS Adds Assemblies and Kinematics to Rhino
- LEDAS Geometric Constraint Solver LGS 3D Is Licensed By Joe Gibbs Racing
- LEDAS Improves Assembly Design and Kinematic Simulation in Rhino 3D and Announces History-Free Geometry Editing
- LEDAS Supports Research on Future CAD at Purdue University
- SketchUcation.com published an interview with Dmitry Ushakov about Driving Dimensions Plugin
- LEDAS Ports its Driving Dimensions plugin for Google SketchUp to Mac and Reports 10,000 Downloads of Windows Version
- ODA and LEDAS to Cooperate in the Development of Geometric and Dimensional Constraints in DWGdirect
- LEDAS Announces Beta Release of Driving Dimensions Plugin for Rhino
- COFES – Wish you were here
- The prodigal son of Autodesk
- LEDAS Announces Availability of its Variational Geometric Solver LGS for the Mac
- CD-adapco licenses LEDAS variational geometric solver LGS 2D
- LEDAS Celebrates its 10th Anniversary While Becoming Closer to CAD Users
- LEDAS Takes 3D History-Free Parametric Design to the Next Level by Releasing Driving Dimensions 1.0 Plugin for Google SketchUp
- LEDAS Opens Driving Dimensions Labs
- LEDAS Improves Variational Sketching Usability with Release 2.2 of its LGS 2D Geometric Solver
- LEDAS Helps CAD/CAM/CAE Developers Efficiently Model Large Assemblies with LGS 3D Geometric Solver Version 1.5
- Driving Dimensions for Google SketchUp Public Beta Downloads Top 3,000 in Three Months
- LEDAS expands capabilities of free parameterization in Google SketchUp
- VirtualCAD and LEDAS provide ROCOM with parametric on-line parts catalog
- LEDAS announced successful completion of the first stage of the project for localizing DELMIA solutions for the Russian market, commissioned by Dassault Systèmes
- LEDAS opens up parametric modeling for Google SketchUp users
- LEDAS is bringing the new technology of variational direct modeling to the market
- Variational Direct Modeling: How to Keep Design Intent in History-Free CAD
- LEDAS increases the productivity of LGS 2D variational geometric solver
- Common Pitfalls in Parametric CAD Systems
- LEDAS releases 64-bit version of its variational geometric solver
- Using LEDAS Computational Software Toolkits to Shorten Development Cycle of Variational CAD Systems
- LEDAS announces successful Third isicad Forum «PLM+ERP: Informational Environment of a Modern Enterprise»
- LEDAS releases new version of its variational geometric solver LGS 3D
- LEDAS license Academic version of geometric solvers LGS 2D/3D to Northwestern Politechnical University, China
- LEDAS delivers ENOVIA SmarTeam in Russian for Dassault Systèmes
- LEDAS to release first ever PLM+ERP Encyclopedia on isicad-2008 conference.
- LEDAS on-line solutions simplify parametric CAD trainings.
- LEDAS extends its business by developing parametric parts libraries
- Swiss AWV Company succeeds with LEDAS geometric solvers
- From LGS to LGS-Toolkits: LEDAS proposes new computational components
- LEDAS to apply its CAD/PLM expertise to bioinformatics in partnership with Laboratory of Theoretical Genetics, Siberian Branch of Russian Academy of Sciences
- LEDAS opens new direction of geometric solvers development with release LGS 2D 2.0
- LEDAS releases the fourth commercial version of its variational geometric solver LGS 3D.
Permanent link :: http://isicad.net/press_releases.php?press_num=12493