5 Mar 2009
LEDAS Improves Variational Sketching Usability with Release 2.2 of its LGS 2D Geometric Solver
LEDAS Ltd., an independent software provider of computational components and software development services for PLM and ERP markets, releases the next version of its variational geometric solver LGS 2D that is used by CAD/CAM/CAE software development companies to implement parametric capabilities in engineering applications.
Working with 2D parametric sketches, many CAD users face over-defined situations with a superfluous set of geometric constraints (logical and dimensional) that makes parametric modifications of the sketch elements impossible. A variational constraint solver automatically detects over-defined parts of a sketch to be visualized for a user. Version 2.2 of LGS 2D contains significant improvement in this area. Previously, any constraint cycle included a superfluous constraint was marked as over-defined, while typical user scenarios design a correct but logically over-defined sketch. For example, a user can create two vertical lines and then set a distance dimension between them. This distance dimension implies parallelism constraint, which is superfluous since both lines are constrained to be vertical. The problem is logically over-defined, but this does not prevent its successful parametric modification. In LGS version 2.2 developers can choose whether a cycle of superfluous logical constraints should be marked as over-defined by setting a relevant solver option. The default mode is the same as in the previous versions: all over-defined constraints are marked.
LGS 2D 2.2 is an important step forward in model diagnostics. The over-defined diagnostics algorithm was significantly improved to detect subtle constraint dependencies.
The solver’s performance on large models with thousands constraints was advanced considerably. First, a new decomposition diagnostics was plugged in to enhance accuracy and efficiency. Second, the set of LGS 2D decomposition techniques was perfected and extended to further improve both the natural behavior (producing a solution that meets end users’ expectations) and performance.
About LGS 2D
The LGS 2D geometric solver is a computational module, engineered to support two-dimensional parametric design in CAD and computer graphics systems, as well as many other applications that require parametric connections or constraints to be set between geometrical objects.
LGS 2D supports creation and modification of the geometric models by means of (explicit or implicit) constraints. Typical geometric objects are points, lines, circles, or arbitrary curves. Objects can be fixed in an absolute coordinate system or with respect to each other (the latter feature is provided by the so-called rigid sets of objects). A set of geometric constraints includes logical constraints between geometric entities (like coincidence, parallelism, tangency, etc.), and dimensional constraints (that specify the required values for the given distances, angles or radii). LGS 2D moves and rotates objects to positions where all constraints are satisfied with minimal possible transformations of the initial configuration.
LGS 2D is a cross-platform software package. It is a set of binary libraries that runs under all 32- and 64-bit Windows, Linux, *BSD, AIX, HP-Unix, Sun Solaris and other OS. Coded in C++, LGS 2D has a C-based API to be integrated into a broad range of software applications (even not coded in C/C++). LGS 2D can be used as a self-supporting component, or jointly with LGS 3D version. Both 2D and 3D versions have similar API, the set of three-dimensional objects and constraints intersects with the analogous set in two dimensional case, providing a complete parametric solution for all aspects of CAD/CAM/CAE system functionality – from 2D sketching to 3D modeling, kinematics simulation, assembly design and analysis.
To learn more about LGS2D, visit LEDAS web-site at http://ledas.com/products/lgs2d/.
LGS is a trademark of LEDAS Ltd. Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries. Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds. BSD is a registered trademark of Berkeley Software Design, Inc. AIX is a registered trademark of International Business Machines Corporation. Sun and Solaris are registered trademark of Sun Microsystems, Inc. UNIX is a trademark of the Open Group. HP and any other product contained in the HP are trademarks of Hewlett-Packard Company and its suppliers or licensors. Open CASCADE is a registered trademark of Open CASCADE S.A.S.
LEDAS Ltd. is an independent software development company founded in 1999; it is based in Novosibirsk Scientific Centre (Akademgorodok), Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Science. A leader in constraint-based technologies, LEDAS is a well-known provider of computational software components for PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) solutions: geometric constraint solvers for CAD/CAM/CAE, optimization engines for Project Management, Work Scheduling and Meeting Planning as well as interval technologies for Knowledge-Based Engineering and Collaborative Design. The company also provides services for PLM market: software development, consulting, reselling as well as education and training. More information about LEDAS is available at www.ledas.com.
LEDAS Marketing Department
Phone: +7 383 3356 504
fax: +7 383 3356 256
- Digital Medicine Drives LEDAS 2019 Revenues 20% Higher
- LEDAS develops a lightweight Nesting module based on genetic algorithms and optimization methods
- LEDAS Rebrands with New Logo, New Web Site, New Focus
- LEDAS Celebrates 20th Anniversary with New Office
- LEDAS Cloud Platform Licensed to U.S. Dental Company Mechanodontics
- OpenBOM™ and LEDAS Announce Partnership to Help Accelerate Product Development
- LEDAS to Offer a Software Platform for Building Cloud CAD Apps
- LEDAS Contributes to Renga Software
- LEDAS Protects Customers with New Software Insurance
- LEDAS Geometry Comparison Licensed for Inventor Plug-in
- AWV and LEDAS Deliver Powerful GPU-based Tessellation Software
- LEDAS Technology Searches and Compares Big Sets of 3D Models
- Geometry Comparison From LEDAS Now Supports All Major MCAD Formats
- LEDAS Releases 3D Comparison Technology to the B2B Market
- Here's To the Quindecennial of LEDAS!
- LEDAS Labs News: Geometry Comparison Technology, Parallel Computations, Cloud Systems and Much More
- LEDAS Attracts Ever More Software Development from Global CAM Market
- LEDAS Labs Starts with Cloud-Based Geometry Comparator
- Top Systems and LEDAS Present Brand New Geometric Kernel RGK at COFES Russia 2013
- OR Laser and LEDAS Sign Long-term Service and Consulting Agreement
- RGK Russian Geometric Kernel Celebrates First Full-Featured Version
- LEDAS Establishes US Business Entity to Better Serve Clients Worldwide
- Cooperation between ASCON, Bricsys and LEDAS Brings Variational Direct Modeling to KOMPAS-3D
- Software Developer LEDAS Sets Second Consecutive Revenue Record
- LEDAS to Distribute ASCON’s C3D Modeling Kernel Internationally
- LEDAS Experts: How our Company is Involved in Developing Russian Geometric Kernel
- Russian National 3D Kernel
- LEDAS Assists STANKIN to Develop a New 3D Modeling Kernel
- LEDAS Implements Variational Direct Modeling in KOMPAS-3D
- LEDAS Appoints Alexey Ershov as New CEO
- LEDAS Achieves Record Revenues from Its Portfolio of Software Development Services
- From the Prague Spring to a Siberian summer
- New Armor for Rhino
- LEDAS Drastically Improves Performance of its LGS 3D Constraint Solver
- Get back! (Personal Impressions from COFES-2011)
- RhinoWorks from LEDAS Revolutionizes Direct Modeling
- LEDAS Adds Profile Management to LGS 2D Constraint Solver
- LEDAS Changes Leadership to Better Guide Future Development of CAD Technology
- LEDAS Appoints Dmitry Ushakov as New CEO
- Innovations Should be More Practical, Less Political. COFES-Israel Forum Report
- LEDAS Improves Google SketchUp 8 with Driving Dimensions 1.4
- Cimatron to Introduce New Motion Simulator Powered by LEDAS LGS 3D
- LEDAS Releases LGS 3D v4 Constraint Solver for Assembly Design and Direct Modeling
- LEDAS Improves Variational Direct Modeling with RhinoDirect 0.4
- LEDAS Releases LGS 2D v5 Constraint Solver with Extended Functions
- LEDAS Enhances 3D Geometry Editing for RhinoDirect Beta 0.3
- LEDAS made Constraints Demo Application available for all ODA members
- LEDAS Adds Advanced Parametric Drawing Functions to Version 4.0 of its 2D Constraint Solver
- LEDAS Releases Driving Dimensions v.1.3 for Google SketchUp
- LEDAS Adds Movie Recording and Localization to RhinoAssembly
- How To Make a 3D Cartoon in Rhino: A Practical Guide
- LEDAS Ships LGS 3D v3 for Variational Direct Modeling Developers
- Open Design Alliance and LEDAS Implement Parametric Drawing Tools Compatible with the DWG 2010 file format
- LEDAS Announces RhinoDirect 0.1
- University of Michigan Taubman College Licenses Academic Version of LGD 3D Geometric Constraint Solver by LEDAS
- LEDAS Enhances Parametric Drawings with Updated 2D Geometric Constraint Solver
- LEDAS Improves Parametric Design in SketchUp
- How to Express Design Intent in Rhino 3D
- LEDAS Ships Next Generation of 3D Geometric Constraint Solver
- LEDAS Adds Assemblies and Kinematics to Rhino
- LEDAS Geometric Constraint Solver LGS 3D Is Licensed By Joe Gibbs Racing
- LEDAS Improves Assembly Design and Kinematic Simulation in Rhino 3D and Announces History-Free Geometry Editing
- LEDAS Supports Research on Future CAD at Purdue University
- SketchUcation.com published an interview with Dmitry Ushakov about Driving Dimensions Plugin
- LEDAS Ports its Driving Dimensions plugin for Google SketchUp to Mac and Reports 10,000 Downloads of Windows Version
- ODA and LEDAS to Cooperate in the Development of Geometric and Dimensional Constraints in DWGdirect
- LEDAS Announces Beta Release of Driving Dimensions Plugin for Rhino
- COFES – Wish you were here
- The prodigal son of Autodesk
- LEDAS Announces Availability of its Variational Geometric Solver LGS for the Mac
- CD-adapco licenses LEDAS variational geometric solver LGS 2D
- LEDAS Celebrates its 10th Anniversary While Becoming Closer to CAD Users
- LEDAS Takes 3D History-Free Parametric Design to the Next Level by Releasing Driving Dimensions 1.0 Plugin for Google SketchUp
- LEDAS Opens Driving Dimensions Labs
- LEDAS Helps CAD/CAM/CAE Developers Efficiently Model Large Assemblies with LGS 3D Geometric Solver Version 1.5
- Driving Dimensions for Google SketchUp Public Beta Downloads Top 3,000 in Three Months
- LEDAS expands capabilities of free parameterization in Google SketchUp
- VirtualCAD and LEDAS provide ROCOM with parametric on-line parts catalog
- LEDAS announced successful completion of the first stage of the project for localizing DELMIA solutions for the Russian market, commissioned by Dassault Systèmes
- LEDAS opens up parametric modeling for Google SketchUp users
- LEDAS is bringing the new technology of variational direct modeling to the market
- Variational Direct Modeling: How to Keep Design Intent in History-Free CAD
- LEDAS increases the productivity of LGS 2D variational geometric solver
- Common Pitfalls in Parametric CAD Systems
- LEDAS releases 64-bit version of its variational geometric solver
- Using LEDAS Computational Software Toolkits to Shorten Development Cycle of Variational CAD Systems
- LEDAS published first ever PLM Encyclopedia
- LEDAS announces successful Third isicad Forum «PLM+ERP: Informational Environment of a Modern Enterprise»
- LEDAS releases new version of its variational geometric solver LGS 3D
- LEDAS license Academic version of geometric solvers LGS 2D/3D to Northwestern Politechnical University, China
- LEDAS delivers ENOVIA SmarTeam in Russian for Dassault Systèmes
- LEDAS to release first ever PLM+ERP Encyclopedia on isicad-2008 conference.
- LEDAS on-line solutions simplify parametric CAD trainings.
- LEDAS extends its business by developing parametric parts libraries
- Swiss AWV Company succeeds with LEDAS geometric solvers
- From LGS to LGS-Toolkits: LEDAS proposes new computational components
- LEDAS to apply its CAD/PLM expertise to bioinformatics in partnership with Laboratory of Theoretical Genetics, Siberian Branch of Russian Academy of Sciences
- LEDAS opens new direction of geometric solvers development with release LGS 2D 2.0
- LEDAS releases the fourth commercial version of its variational geometric solver LGS 3D.
Permanent link :: http://isicad.net/press_releases.php?press_num=12928