26 Feb 2009
LEDAS Helps CAD/CAM/CAE Developers Efficiently Model Large Assemblies with LGS 3D Geometric Solver Version 1.5
LEDAS Ltd., an independent software provider of computational components and services for PLM and ERP markets, releases the next version of its LGS 3D variational geometric solver that is used by CAD/CAM/CAE software development companies to implement parametric modeling capabilities in engineering applications.
New version 1.5 of LGS 3D significantly improves the performance of moving under constraints functionality that now runs five times faster than previously, as measured on a test base extracted from several hundred user scenarios of LEDAS customers. This functionality is used in the context of assembly design and kinematics simulation applications, where a mechanical assembly is composed of 3D parts linked with assembly constraints or kinematic joints. LGS 3D 1.5 is able to follow a user’s trajectory as close as possible while keeping hundreds of constraints/joints satisfied in real time, so it serves as a base for efficient modeling of large assemblies in CAD/CAM/CAE applications.
LGS 3D performance on static constraint solving (model updating functionality) has been improved by 30%, as measured on a test base of 3,000 industrial parametric models.
LGS 3D 1.5 also provides new integration possibilities for CAD/CAM/CAE developers. Its new thread-safe code solves an arbitrary number of parametric models simultaneously. The Lege'n'd 3D demo application has been moved to Open CASCADE version 6.3.
The robustness of LGS 3D has been proven by its integration into several industrial software packages including ADEM Assembly by ADEM Technologies and ClassCAD by AWV. More than 4,000 users worldwide appreciated the added value of LGS 3D during beta testing of the Driving Dimensions plugin for Google SketchUp, a popular 3D modeling software application. This plugin combines direct geometry editing with parametric modeling capabilities and implements the so-called variational direct modeling approach. Everyone can use Driving Dimensions for free to test the power of LGS 3D. For more details visit www.DrivingDimensions.com.
About LGS 3D
Variational geometric solver LGS 3D, developed and supported by LEDAS, is offered for licensing to all CAD/CAM/CAE software development companies at an affordable price. It is used as a parametric engine for 3D modeling, assembly design, kinematics analysis, history-free geometry editing, and other applications. LGS 3D is a cross-platform software package. It is a set of binary libraries running under all 32- and 64-bit Windows, Linux, *BSD, AIX, HP-UX, Sun Solaris and other OS. Coded in C++, LGS 3D has a C-based API that allows integration into a broad range of software applications.
LGS 3D supports creation and modification of the geometric models by means of either explicit or implicit constraints. Typical geometric objects are points, lines, circles, planes, cylinders, spheres, parametric curves, surfaces and swept surfaces. Objects can be fixed in the absolute coordinate system or with respect to each other (last feature is provided by so-called rigid sets of objects). The supported set of geometric constraints includes logical constraints between geometric entities (coincidence, parallelism, tangency, etc.) and dimensional constraints that specify the required values for given distances, angles or radii. LGS 3D moves and rotates objects to positions where all constraints are satisfied with minimal possible transformations of initial configuration. Other LGS 3D functions implement advanced features of CAD/CAM/CAE systems - diagnostics of over- and under-defined parts of a model, engineering variables and equations, help points and tolerance management.
A sample 3D modeling application called Lege’n’d 3D is available as a free download at the LEDAS web site with a set of representative examples of different 3D assemblies. This application can be used by anyone to test functionality, robustness and performance of LGS 3D. It was created with the Open CASCADE open-source application framework. The source code of Lege’n’d 3D is available under special request.
To learn more about LGS 3D. visit LEDAS web-site at http://ledas.com/products/lgs3d/.
LGS is a trademark of LEDAS Ltd. Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries. Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds. BSD is a registered trademark of Berkeley Software Design, Inc. AIX is a registered trademark of International Business Machines Corporation. Sun and Solaris are registered trademark of Sun Microsystems, Inc. UNIX is a trademark of the Open Group. HP and any other product contained in the HP are trademarks of Hewlett-Packard Company and its suppliers or licensors. Open CASCADE is a registered trademark of Open CASCADE S.A.S.
LEDAS Ltd. is an independent software development company founded in 1999; it is based in Novosibirsk Scientific Centre (Akademgorodok), Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Science. A leader in constraint-based technologies, LEDAS is a well-known provider of computational software components for PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) solutions: geometric constraint solvers for CAD/CAM/CAE, optimization engines for Project Management, Work Scheduling and Meeting Planning as well as interval technologies for Knowledge-Based Engineering and Collaborative Design. The company also provides services for PLM market: software development, consulting, reselling as well as education and training. More information about LEDAS is available at www.ledas.com.
LEDAS Marketing Department
Phone: +7 383 3356 504
fax: +7 383 3356 256
- LEDAS Reports on Business Through COVID-19
- Digital Medicine Drives LEDAS 2019 Revenues 20% Higher
- LEDAS develops a lightweight Nesting module based on genetic algorithms and optimization methods
- LEDAS Rebrands with New Logo, New Web Site, New Focus
- LEDAS Celebrates 20th Anniversary with New Office
- LEDAS Cloud Platform Licensed to U.S. Dental Company Mechanodontics
- OpenBOM™ and LEDAS Announce Partnership to Help Accelerate Product Development
- LEDAS to Offer a Software Platform for Building Cloud CAD Apps
- LEDAS Contributes to Renga Software
- LEDAS Protects Customers with New Software Insurance
- LEDAS Geometry Comparison Licensed for Inventor Plug-in
- AWV and LEDAS Deliver Powerful GPU-based Tessellation Software
- LEDAS Technology Searches and Compares Big Sets of 3D Models
- Geometry Comparison From LEDAS Now Supports All Major MCAD Formats
- LEDAS Releases 3D Comparison Technology to the B2B Market
- Here's To the Quindecennial of LEDAS!
- LEDAS Labs News: Geometry Comparison Technology, Parallel Computations, Cloud Systems and Much More
- LEDAS Attracts Ever More Software Development from Global CAM Market
- LEDAS Labs Starts with Cloud-Based Geometry Comparator
- Top Systems and LEDAS Present Brand New Geometric Kernel RGK at COFES Russia 2013
- OR Laser and LEDAS Sign Long-term Service and Consulting Agreement
- RGK Russian Geometric Kernel Celebrates First Full-Featured Version
- LEDAS Establishes US Business Entity to Better Serve Clients Worldwide
- Cooperation between ASCON, Bricsys and LEDAS Brings Variational Direct Modeling to KOMPAS-3D
- Software Developer LEDAS Sets Second Consecutive Revenue Record
- LEDAS to Distribute ASCON’s C3D Modeling Kernel Internationally
- LEDAS Experts: How our Company is Involved in Developing Russian Geometric Kernel
- Russian National 3D Kernel
- LEDAS Assists STANKIN to Develop a New 3D Modeling Kernel
- LEDAS Implements Variational Direct Modeling in KOMPAS-3D
- LEDAS Appoints Alexey Ershov as New CEO
- LEDAS Achieves Record Revenues from Its Portfolio of Software Development Services
- From the Prague Spring to a Siberian summer
- New Armor for Rhino
- LEDAS Drastically Improves Performance of its LGS 3D Constraint Solver
- Get back! (Personal Impressions from COFES-2011)
- RhinoWorks from LEDAS Revolutionizes Direct Modeling
- LEDAS Adds Profile Management to LGS 2D Constraint Solver
- LEDAS Changes Leadership to Better Guide Future Development of CAD Technology
- LEDAS Appoints Dmitry Ushakov as New CEO
- Innovations Should be More Practical, Less Political. COFES-Israel Forum Report
- LEDAS Improves Google SketchUp 8 with Driving Dimensions 1.4
- Cimatron to Introduce New Motion Simulator Powered by LEDAS LGS 3D
- LEDAS Releases LGS 3D v4 Constraint Solver for Assembly Design and Direct Modeling
- LEDAS Improves Variational Direct Modeling with RhinoDirect 0.4
- LEDAS Releases LGS 2D v5 Constraint Solver with Extended Functions
- LEDAS Enhances 3D Geometry Editing for RhinoDirect Beta 0.3
- LEDAS made Constraints Demo Application available for all ODA members
- LEDAS Adds Advanced Parametric Drawing Functions to Version 4.0 of its 2D Constraint Solver
- LEDAS Releases Driving Dimensions v.1.3 for Google SketchUp
- LEDAS Adds Movie Recording and Localization to RhinoAssembly
- How To Make a 3D Cartoon in Rhino: A Practical Guide
- LEDAS Ships LGS 3D v3 for Variational Direct Modeling Developers
- Open Design Alliance and LEDAS Implement Parametric Drawing Tools Compatible with the DWG 2010 file format
- LEDAS Announces RhinoDirect 0.1
- University of Michigan Taubman College Licenses Academic Version of LGD 3D Geometric Constraint Solver by LEDAS
- LEDAS Enhances Parametric Drawings with Updated 2D Geometric Constraint Solver
- LEDAS Improves Parametric Design in SketchUp
- How to Express Design Intent in Rhino 3D
- LEDAS Ships Next Generation of 3D Geometric Constraint Solver
- LEDAS Adds Assemblies and Kinematics to Rhino
- LEDAS Geometric Constraint Solver LGS 3D Is Licensed By Joe Gibbs Racing
- LEDAS Improves Assembly Design and Kinematic Simulation in Rhino 3D and Announces History-Free Geometry Editing
- LEDAS Supports Research on Future CAD at Purdue University
- SketchUcation.com published an interview with Dmitry Ushakov about Driving Dimensions Plugin
- LEDAS Ports its Driving Dimensions plugin for Google SketchUp to Mac and Reports 10,000 Downloads of Windows Version
- ODA and LEDAS to Cooperate in the Development of Geometric and Dimensional Constraints in DWGdirect
- LEDAS Announces Beta Release of Driving Dimensions Plugin for Rhino
- COFES – Wish you were here
- The prodigal son of Autodesk
- LEDAS Announces Availability of its Variational Geometric Solver LGS for the Mac
- CD-adapco licenses LEDAS variational geometric solver LGS 2D
- LEDAS Celebrates its 10th Anniversary While Becoming Closer to CAD Users
- LEDAS Takes 3D History-Free Parametric Design to the Next Level by Releasing Driving Dimensions 1.0 Plugin for Google SketchUp
- LEDAS Opens Driving Dimensions Labs
- LEDAS Improves Variational Sketching Usability with Release 2.2 of its LGS 2D Geometric Solver
- Driving Dimensions for Google SketchUp Public Beta Downloads Top 3,000 in Three Months
- LEDAS expands capabilities of free parameterization in Google SketchUp
- VirtualCAD and LEDAS provide ROCOM with parametric on-line parts catalog
- LEDAS announced successful completion of the first stage of the project for localizing DELMIA solutions for the Russian market, commissioned by Dassault Systèmes
- LEDAS opens up parametric modeling for Google SketchUp users
- LEDAS is bringing the new technology of variational direct modeling to the market
- Variational Direct Modeling: How to Keep Design Intent in History-Free CAD
- LEDAS increases the productivity of LGS 2D variational geometric solver
- Common Pitfalls in Parametric CAD Systems
- LEDAS releases 64-bit version of its variational geometric solver
- Using LEDAS Computational Software Toolkits to Shorten Development Cycle of Variational CAD Systems
- LEDAS published first ever PLM Encyclopedia
- LEDAS announces successful Third isicad Forum «PLM+ERP: Informational Environment of a Modern Enterprise»
- LEDAS releases new version of its variational geometric solver LGS 3D
- LEDAS license Academic version of geometric solvers LGS 2D/3D to Northwestern Politechnical University, China
- LEDAS delivers ENOVIA SmarTeam in Russian for Dassault Systèmes
- LEDAS to release first ever PLM+ERP Encyclopedia on isicad-2008 conference.
- LEDAS on-line solutions simplify parametric CAD trainings.
- LEDAS extends its business by developing parametric parts libraries
- Swiss AWV Company succeeds with LEDAS geometric solvers
- From LGS to LGS-Toolkits: LEDAS proposes new computational components
- LEDAS to apply its CAD/PLM expertise to bioinformatics in partnership with Laboratory of Theoretical Genetics, Siberian Branch of Russian Academy of Sciences
- LEDAS opens new direction of geometric solvers development with release LGS 2D 2.0
- LEDAS releases the fourth commercial version of its variational geometric solver LGS 3D.
Permanent link :: http://isicad.net/press_releases.php?press_num=12918