19 Aug 2009
LEDAS Improves Assembly Design and Kinematic Simulation in Rhino 3D and Announces History-Free Geometry Editing
Driven by suggestions from numerous beta testers the new version of LEDAS Driving Dimensions plugin simplifies assembly design and kinematics simulation making it easy to use for all Rhino fans
Novosibirsk, Russia, August 19, 2009 - LEDAS Ltd., an independent provider of variational design tools for different CAD platforms, today announced second preliminary version (0.2) of its Driving Dimensions plugin for Rhinoceros, a popular NURBS modeling application. The plugin can be downloaded with no charge at www.DrivingDimensions.com and offers easy-to-use parameterization tools, which considerably reduce the time required to make changes to the existing models and open new modeling capabilities.
The new features of Driving Dimensions 0.2 for Rhino are improved kinematic simulation functionality, enhancement of graphical user interface, and an easy-to-use installer. Now animation frames are computed in a background mode when a user starts the animation of a driving dimension, and the animation can be controlled as a movie using a traditional interface (play/pause, reverse/backward, slider navigation bar). At any moment of the animation the user can pan, rotate and zoom the model. Animation parameters are now stored in .3dm files (Rhino native file format).
Driving Dimensions Manager and Constraint Properties Editor windows are significantly improved to have a better look and feel. Now they can be docked, small icons are used for each kind of driving dimensions and constraints. Performance is optimized for models with a large number of constraints. Constraint arguments are automatically highlighted when the constraint is selected in the Driving Dimensions Manager window. In addition, when the user selects an object, all related constraints are highlighted. Command line prompts are now more informative, and the default value for a new driving dimension is suggested.
Driving Dimensions 0.2 for Rhino is delivered as an executable module that automatically installs the plugin on a computer with Rhino 4.0. Several bugs reported by our users during testing version 0.1 have been fixed.
"In two months passed since the release of the first preliminary version of Driving Dimensions 0.1 for Rhino 3D, more than 1400 Rhino users worldwide took part in beta testing by downloading our plugin," says Dmitry Ushakov, Director, Product Management, LEDAS Ltd. "We carefully consider everything they say to us – directly by email or indirectly on numerous forums and blogs. Most of improvements in the second preliminary version of our plugin were suggested by our users."
In parallel with development of a solution for assembly design and kinematic simulation of rigid bodies LEDAS is working on a history-free direct and indirect geometry editing plugin for Rhino. The plugin is expected to be ready for beta-testing before the end of 2009. Please visit our Driving Dimensions Labs to see a new video demonstrating constraint-based geometry editing in Rhinoceros: http://DrivingDimensions.com/labs.php.
Driving Dimensions 0.2 for Rhinoceros is compatible with Rhino 4.0 and above and can be run on 32-bit Windows XP and Vista. The beta version can be freely downloaded at http://DrivingDimensions.com/Rhino where visitors can also find detailed on-line help, text and video tutorials, and a set of sample examples to play with.
About Driving Dimensions
Driving Dimensions are end-user applications developed by LEDAS as plugins for popular 2D and 3D modeling systems to provide advanced parameterization capabilities to their users (SketchUp and Rhinoceros are two examples). Driving Dimensions are based on the Variational Direct Modeling technology, which uses history-free editing model elements, preserving its design intent, expressed by explicit and implicit driving dimensions (linear, angular, radial) and geometric constraints. Simultaneous satisfaction of geometric and dimensional constraints is achieved with LGS 3D geometric constraint solver, which is being developed by LEDAS since 2001 and is available for licensing to all CAD developers. More information about Driving Dimensions portfolio of applications can be found at www.DrivingDimensions.com.
LEDAS Ltd. is an independent software development company founded in 1999; it is based in Novosibirsk Scientific Centre (Akademgorodok), Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Science. A leader in constraint-based technologies, LEDAS is a well-known provider of computational software components for PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) solutions: geometric constraint solvers for CAD/CAM/CAE, optimization engines for project management, work scheduling and meeting planning as well as interval technologies for knowledge-based engineering and collaborative design. The company also provides services for PLM markets: software development, consulting, reselling as well as education and training. More information about LEDAS is available at http://www.ledas.com.
Driving Dimensions and LGS are trademarks of LEDAS Ltd. Any other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
LEDAS Marketing Department
phone: +7 383 3356 504
fax: +7 383 3356 256
- LEDAS Rebrands with New Logo, New Web Site, New Focus
- LEDAS Celebrates 20th Anniversary with New Office
- LEDAS Cloud Platform Licensed to U.S. Dental Company Mechanodontics
- OpenBOM™ and LEDAS Announce Partnership to Help Accelerate Product Development
- LEDAS to Offer a Software Platform for Building Cloud CAD Apps
- LEDAS Contributes to Renga Software
- LEDAS Protects Customers with New Software Insurance
- LEDAS Geometry Comparison Licensed for Inventor Plug-in
- AWV and LEDAS Deliver Powerful GPU-based Tessellation Software
- LEDAS Technology Searches and Compares Big Sets of 3D Models
- Geometry Comparison From LEDAS Now Supports All Major MCAD Formats
- LEDAS Releases 3D Comparison Technology to the B2B Market
- Here's To the Quindecennial of LEDAS!
- LEDAS Labs News: Geometry Comparison Technology, Parallel Computations, Cloud Systems and Much More
- LEDAS Attracts Ever More Software Development from Global CAM Market
- LEDAS Labs Starts with Cloud-Based Geometry Comparator
- Top Systems and LEDAS Present Brand New Geometric Kernel RGK at COFES Russia 2013
- OR Laser and LEDAS Sign Long-term Service and Consulting Agreement
- RGK Russian Geometric Kernel Celebrates First Full-Featured Version
- LEDAS Establishes US Business Entity to Better Serve Clients Worldwide
- Cooperation between ASCON, Bricsys and LEDAS Brings Variational Direct Modeling to KOMPAS-3D
- Software Developer LEDAS Sets Second Consecutive Revenue Record
- LEDAS to Distribute ASCON’s C3D Modeling Kernel Internationally
- LEDAS Experts: How our Company is Involved in Developing Russian Geometric Kernel
- Russian National 3D Kernel
- LEDAS Assists STANKIN to Develop a New 3D Modeling Kernel
- LEDAS Implements Variational Direct Modeling in KOMPAS-3D
- LEDAS Appoints Alexey Ershov as New CEO
- LEDAS Achieves Record Revenues from Its Portfolio of Software Development Services
- From the Prague Spring to a Siberian summer
- New Armor for Rhino
- LEDAS Drastically Improves Performance of its LGS 3D Constraint Solver
- Get back! (Personal Impressions from COFES-2011)
- RhinoWorks from LEDAS Revolutionizes Direct Modeling
- LEDAS Adds Profile Management to LGS 2D Constraint Solver
- LEDAS Changes Leadership to Better Guide Future Development of CAD Technology
- LEDAS Appoints Dmitry Ushakov as New CEO
- Innovations Should be More Practical, Less Political. COFES-Israel Forum Report
- LEDAS Improves Google SketchUp 8 with Driving Dimensions 1.4
- Cimatron to Introduce New Motion Simulator Powered by LEDAS LGS 3D
- LEDAS Releases LGS 3D v4 Constraint Solver for Assembly Design and Direct Modeling
- LEDAS Improves Variational Direct Modeling with RhinoDirect 0.4
- LEDAS Releases LGS 2D v5 Constraint Solver with Extended Functions
- LEDAS Enhances 3D Geometry Editing for RhinoDirect Beta 0.3
- LEDAS made Constraints Demo Application available for all ODA members
- LEDAS Adds Advanced Parametric Drawing Functions to Version 4.0 of its 2D Constraint Solver
- LEDAS Releases Driving Dimensions v.1.3 for Google SketchUp
- LEDAS Adds Movie Recording and Localization to RhinoAssembly
- How To Make a 3D Cartoon in Rhino: A Practical Guide
- LEDAS Ships LGS 3D v3 for Variational Direct Modeling Developers
- Open Design Alliance and LEDAS Implement Parametric Drawing Tools Compatible with the DWG 2010 file format
- LEDAS Announces RhinoDirect 0.1
- University of Michigan Taubman College Licenses Academic Version of LGD 3D Geometric Constraint Solver by LEDAS
- LEDAS Enhances Parametric Drawings with Updated 2D Geometric Constraint Solver
- LEDAS Improves Parametric Design in SketchUp
- How to Express Design Intent in Rhino 3D
- LEDAS Ships Next Generation of 3D Geometric Constraint Solver
- LEDAS Adds Assemblies and Kinematics to Rhino
- LEDAS Geometric Constraint Solver LGS 3D Is Licensed By Joe Gibbs Racing
- LEDAS Supports Research on Future CAD at Purdue University
- SketchUcation.com published an interview with Dmitry Ushakov about Driving Dimensions Plugin
- LEDAS Ports its Driving Dimensions plugin for Google SketchUp to Mac and Reports 10,000 Downloads of Windows Version
- ODA and LEDAS to Cooperate in the Development of Geometric and Dimensional Constraints in DWGdirect
- LEDAS Announces Beta Release of Driving Dimensions Plugin for Rhino
- COFES – Wish you were here
- The prodigal son of Autodesk
- LEDAS Announces Availability of its Variational Geometric Solver LGS for the Mac
- CD-adapco licenses LEDAS variational geometric solver LGS 2D
- LEDAS Celebrates its 10th Anniversary While Becoming Closer to CAD Users
- LEDAS Takes 3D History-Free Parametric Design to the Next Level by Releasing Driving Dimensions 1.0 Plugin for Google SketchUp
- LEDAS Opens Driving Dimensions Labs
- LEDAS Improves Variational Sketching Usability with Release 2.2 of its LGS 2D Geometric Solver
- LEDAS Helps CAD/CAM/CAE Developers Efficiently Model Large Assemblies with LGS 3D Geometric Solver Version 1.5
- Driving Dimensions for Google SketchUp Public Beta Downloads Top 3,000 in Three Months
- LEDAS expands capabilities of free parameterization in Google SketchUp
- VirtualCAD and LEDAS provide ROCOM with parametric on-line parts catalog
- LEDAS announced successful completion of the first stage of the project for localizing DELMIA solutions for the Russian market, commissioned by Dassault Systèmes
- LEDAS opens up parametric modeling for Google SketchUp users
- LEDAS is bringing the new technology of variational direct modeling to the market
- Variational Direct Modeling: How to Keep Design Intent in History-Free CAD
- LEDAS increases the productivity of LGS 2D variational geometric solver
- Common Pitfalls in Parametric CAD Systems
- LEDAS releases 64-bit version of its variational geometric solver
- Using LEDAS Computational Software Toolkits to Shorten Development Cycle of Variational CAD Systems
- LEDAS published first ever PLM Encyclopedia
- LEDAS announces successful Third isicad Forum «PLM+ERP: Informational Environment of a Modern Enterprise»
- LEDAS releases new version of its variational geometric solver LGS 3D
- LEDAS license Academic version of geometric solvers LGS 2D/3D to Northwestern Politechnical University, China
- LEDAS delivers ENOVIA SmarTeam in Russian for Dassault Systèmes
- LEDAS to release first ever PLM+ERP Encyclopedia on isicad-2008 conference.
- LEDAS on-line solutions simplify parametric CAD trainings.
- LEDAS extends its business by developing parametric parts libraries
- Swiss AWV Company succeeds with LEDAS geometric solvers
- From LGS to LGS-Toolkits: LEDAS proposes new computational components
- LEDAS to apply its CAD/PLM expertise to bioinformatics in partnership with Laboratory of Theoretical Genetics, Siberian Branch of Russian Academy of Sciences
- LEDAS opens new direction of geometric solvers development with release LGS 2D 2.0
- LEDAS releases the fourth commercial version of its variational geometric solver LGS 3D.
Permanent link :: http://isicad.net/press_releases.php?press_num=13246